Coronavirus Information (COVID-19) & Guidance
JUNE 22, 2020
At Rosehill Crematory and Rosedale and Rosehill Cemeteries, we continue to work to support and comply with all State mandated measures to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As well, and as an added set of precautions, we have expanded these guidelines to better protect our visiting public and Cemetery Staff.
- Appointments will no longer be required for drop-offs. We encourage funeral directors to continue to schedule prior to arrival.
- All necessary paperwork must be complete and presented at the time of drop-off.
- Chapel services will be allowed to a maximum of 15 people including funeral home staff and clergy. Face coverings must be worn at all times. When funeral processions arrive, ALL attendees are to remain in their cars while the casket is set up in the chapel.
- Witnessing of cremations by family will be allowed to 1 next of kin and only from observation deck. Families will not be allowed in crematory area.
- Medical School cadavers will be accepted for cremations.
- We will continue to only allow one funeral director in the office at a time.
- All human remains for cremation must be in leak-proof totally enclosed containers.
- Transferring of human remains from rental caskets for cremation will not be permitted unless from chapel or witness services. Funeral Directors will be responsible for transferring.
- Shipping of Cremated Remains via USPS Priority Mail Express will continue to be suspended.
- The Rosehill Columbarium will be open for visitation Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm, Saturdays from 8:00am – 2:00pm and on Sundays from 12:00pm - 4:00pm. Face coverings must be worn and safe social distancing practices must be observed.
ROSEDALE & ROSEHILL CEMETERIES
With an overwhelming and unprecedented number of funerals associated with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the daily focus of all Rosedale & Rosehill staff has been committed to handling as many funerals, burials and entombments as possible. This is in direct support and response to the current need in our State and in compliance with a directive from our Governor. With that said, there is a considerable backlog of grave space and general property maintenance that needs to be done. At this time, we ask that visitors and lot owners refrain from contacting us for any maintenance requests and work that relates to the overall condition of grave spaces - we are aware of the conditions that exist and will be attending to this work in the coming weeks and months.
- Cemetery, Office & Mausoleum Hours:
- Cemetery Offices are open Monday - Friday 8:30 a. to 4:30 p., Saturday 9:00 a. to 12:30 p.
- PRIORITY ACCESS WILL BE GIVEN TO FUNERAL DIRECTORS AHEAD OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
- The general public, and others needing access to our offices, will be permitted with ONE PERSON ENTERING AT A TIME. Face coverings must be worn and safe social distancing practices observed.
- Both Rosedale and Rosehill Cemeteries, including Mausoleums, will be open for visitation daily, including Holidays, from 8:30 a. to 6:00 p.. When visiting our Mausoleums, face coverings must be worn and social distancing practices observed with maximum building occupancy at 50.
- All interment and entombment orders will be taken and scheduled based on daily availability. This includes both pre-need and at-need funeral arrangements. Funeral Directors are asked to call and confirm availability before committing to a specific day and time with their families.
- The total number of allowable attendees at interments will be set at the current State Mandated number of allowable people gathering outdoors. This count INCLUDES all funeral home staff and clergy.
- Funeral directors will be held accountable for managing the number of attendees along with controlling the proximity of all attendees to Cemetery personnel and the conduct of attendees as it pertains to social distancing.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times and safe social distancing practices observed.
- Only Cemetery personnel will handle and carry caskets – no family pallbearers will be permitted.
- When funeral processions are led out to their grave or crypt, ALL attendees are to remain in their cars while the casket is carried to the grave, crypt or chapel.
- For interments, caskets will be immediately lowered to ground level.
- After all Cemetery Personnel have departed, attendees may then be led by their Funeral Director to the grave for a no more than 20 minute Committal service.
- For entombments, caskets will either be prepared and brought to their location and placed in the crypt or set up in our Chapels.
- Cemetery personnel will "step aside" and allow for a no more than 20 minute Committal service; attendees will then depart and Cemetery Personnel will finalize the entombment.
- Assistance with locating graves and meeting with Cemetery Personnel on our grounds is limited and may not be available on certain days and at certain hours of operation.